Need post deleted or hidden from search results

Board FAQs, help and general announcements about the boards for users.
bollymory
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Need post deleted or hidden from search results

Unread post by bollymory »

Hi,

I recently asked that a post of mine be deleted because people I knew in real life had found it, and it seemed to be deleted from my profile but it still appears in google search results for my old username. A person at my school has the old username and is trying to use the post as blackmail against me, I'm scared and worried that she can still find evidence of it when she searches and show it to people. Can I please have it hidden from search results or have my account deleted entirely?
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Need post deleted or hidden from search results

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi bollymory,

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I will reach out to my fellow staff members again to see what we can do. I am not sure if deleting anything will change how your post appears on Google; however, if the person at your school finds the link to the post through Google and clicks on it, they would not be able to see the content of the post. I hope that brings you some relief. In the meantime, I will ask around to see what we can do here.
bollymory
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by bollymory »

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your guys help and the reassurance
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there, bollymory. I’m so sorry this is happening to you.

There isn’t anything we can do about what’s on Google, unfortunately. But I can fill you in more on that and help you with this today if you’d like.

Since this is about harassment based on posts people can see, though, let’s manage this for you via email or our text line, okay? That line is (206) 866-2279, or you can email me directly at h.corinna@scarleteen.com.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic