How do I know if my email sent?

Board FAQs, help and general announcements about the boards for users.
thr0waway456
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Asexual

How do I know if my email sent?

Unread post by thr0waway456 »

I tried to send an email to Scarleteen for something regarding the forums and after I sent it, there was nothing on the page saying that my email sent or anything like that like other websites usually do. When I checked my email, there's nothing indicating I sent anything or Scarleteen received my message. I never sent an email to this site before so I don't know if this is normal or not. It's worth mentioning that I'm on Firefox and sometimes sites just don't work properly with it, so I don't know if that affected anything? I'm hesitant to try on a Chromium browser though because I don't want to spam or anything. Does anyone know how I can figure out if my email sent?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: How do I know if my email sent?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi thr0waway456,

Can you clarify if you tried to send the email through the "contact user" part of one of staff or volunteer's user profiles? Or did you try to send it through the contact form on the main Scarleteen site?
thr0waway456
not a newbie

Sam W wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:51 am Hi thr0waway456,

Can you clarify if you tried to send the email through the "contact user" part of one of staff or volunteer's user profiles? Or did you try to send it through the contact form on the main Scarleteen site?
I sent the email through the Contact Us link in the footer area under "the abouts."
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. It looks like we may be having some technical issues with that email form and messages aren't getting through. Thanks for alerting us to that!
thr0waway456
not a newbie

Oh okay! Is it back up, out of curiosity?
Sam W

Unread post by Sam W »

We're still working on it! But if you email feedback@scarleteen.com directly, the message should go through.
thr0waway456
not a newbie

Alright, I'll try it! Thank you!
thr0waway456
not a newbie

sorry I keep bothering you, but are you sure the feedback@scarleteen.com email works? I've sent an email 4 days ago and I haven't heard back...
thr0waway456
not a newbie

Sam W wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:32 am Got it. It looks like we may be having some technical issues with that email form and messages aren't getting through. Thanks for alerting us to that!
Any updates about the situation? Sorry I keep bringing this up. It's been a week since I tried that feedback@scarleteen.com email and I've gotten nothing (I've checked my Spam folder and there was nothing there), and I don't know if you seen my other reply?
Carly
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hi thr0waway456 -- I'm sorry it's taking us so long to get back to you via email. There's a chance there's still an issue with it. I personally do not have access to the account so I'm unable to confirm we got your email or answer it there. I'm assuming because you emailed it you're uncomfortable outright posting it on the board itself? If that's the case, here are some other options that could help us answer you quicker. I'm here on the boards and the SMS helpline until 12pm Eastern Time today if you're around. You can always submit stuff to the SMS chat even when someone isn't online, and then whoever is on the next shift will pick up right with you. I hope offering some other options is helpful. Again, I'm so sorry you've had to wait.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there: I'm so sorry that it took us so long to find this email. Something glitched with our contact email for a bit there, and while it did, your email got lost. Jacob just found it, and I just did what you asked us to in it. I really appreciate your patience, and I'm so sorry again you had to be so patient in the first place!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic