which service would be best for me?

Board FAQs, help and general announcements about the boards for users.
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: alot of things!! a bit too much to put here lol
Primary language: english
Pronouns: plural they/them or ask
Sexual identity: aroace and queer

which service would be best for me?

Unread post by SillyMcGoof_ »

hi! i joined a few days ago and over those few days we’ve thought of lots of questions/concerns we have. so much that it would probably be too much for a message board here and i think the kind of back and fourth communication with only staff where i can just ask questions one at a time via one of the direct services would be best.
theres a few questions/concerns i have about this tho

1: im nervous to give out my phone number to strangers bc it just makes me a bit anxious (ik you guys cant see my phone number but thats more my anxiety talking)

2: im worried that it would be too much if that makes sense? like for example in the page related to the sms service it says stuff about more short form questions which im not sure if the stuff i want to say fits that criteria, and knowing me i could start randomly typing paragraphs or going on tangents for one reason or another so im not sure if that would be allowed

3: for the live chat i would most likely forget what time it is because im bad at that kind of stuff unless its something i know about days/weeks in advance

so yeah what service do you think would suit me best/be best for me? thank you! :)
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: which service would be best for me?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there! Don't worry, your concerns are understandable- remembering schedules can be difficult, and it is usually a good policy to not give strangers our phone numbers. (On that note, text service workers can't usually see your phone number, but the text service does show it to our administrative staff.)

As you saw, the text service is better for shorter questions, while the message board is better for longer questions. This is because the structure of the message boards puts all the information in front of us and gives us time to respond, which makes it easier to give a thorough answer.

If you're worried about the number of questions becoming confusing, some formatting could help! You could number your questions, or you could make separate threads for them.

If you only want staff members to respond to your questions, post them in Ask Us!- other users will be able to see your questions, but only staff members will answer.
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: alot of things!! a bit too much to put here lol
Primary language: english
Pronouns: plural they/them or ask
Sexual identity: aroace and queer

Re: which service would be best for me?

Unread post by SillyMcGoof_ »

ok thank you!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic