Positive New Year's Goals

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Positive New Year's Goals

Unread post by Mo »

I've never been one for official "resolutions" for the new year, but I do find it helpful to give myself a little time for reflection at the beginning of a year and set some general goals or intentions for the months ahead.

For 2023, I'm hoping to focus on my photography hobby a bit more seriously, improve my handspinning skills, and continue to keep in touch regularly with some friends I've established regular calls/check-ins with. Travel hasn't been possible for me much lately due to the ongoing pandemic, but I'm hoping to see some friends and family early in the springtime if it seems safe to do so.

Anyone else have some goals or dreams for this year they want to share?
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Positive New Year's Goals

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi Mo, Happy New Year and thanks for sharing!! I hope everything works out for you. I’m planning on finishing my undergraduate studies this spring and then moving on to a graduate program in the fall! I’m working on my applications right now so we’ll see if everything works out. I’m wishing everyone a prosperous new year!
lilikoi
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Optimistic!
Sexual identity: queer (but generally prefer no label)

Unread post by lilikoi »

Happy new year! Thank you both for sharing. Good luck on hobbies and friends @Mo and career moves @nicole!

I often forget to make goals throughout the year. However! Lately, I am getting into goals more when i remember to sit down and take time for myself. So thank you for asking!

My overall goal is to slow down a bit. I have to retake an anatomy class this semester since I tried to pack it into my schedule last semester. I think the slower pace should be a great chance for me to get back into personal projects like posting to scarleteen once a week! I have wanted to volunteer for a while now:) With a little extra free time sticking to just one class this semester, I hope also to dust my apartment more regularly, go on monthly hikes, and try one new restaurant a month. Happy 2023!
Anonymous275
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Anonymous275 »

Some of my resolutions have been to focus on beauty!!! :)
Michaela
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Michaela »

I'm a big fan of setting some intentions too. I like the way you put it, Mo, that it is more centered around the coming months instead of the big daunting whole year. For me, my intentions are to live very presently and connect with the people around me. Like Nicole, I am going to be graduating soon which means a lot of big life decisions, however, I have a big adventure ahead of me because I'm studying abroad this semester. So, my intention is to be in this moment as much as possible and leave the worrying about tomorrow for tomorrow... at least for the next couple of months.
lilikoi
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Optimistic!
Sexual identity: queer (but generally prefer no label)

Unread post by lilikoi »

@Michaela, good luck this semester! It can be lonely and hard going abroad but, in my experience, totally worth it. Ugh and it sounds like you're in the right head space if you're living moment to moment!

@Anonymous275, I am curious to hear more about your beauty intentions if you feel like sharing? I have been feeling less beautiful lately (stupid hormonal acne!) but I work with 4 year olds and have been talking about looking in the mirror and giving yourself loving affirmations to them and so I wonder if I need to start some <3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic