Shame and family

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Starsnsloths
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her; he/him; they/them
Sexual identity: Questioning

Shame and family

Unread post by Starsnsloths »

What are some coping skills to overcome shame or sexual shame? Like especially how do you cope with feeling alone and bad about the stuff that you are into when society doesn't give much positive feedback about those things and if they are feedback with some stuff its only in an erotic context. I'd like to know some art-preferably not just words on an aesthetic background, some safe for chromebook websites, songs and tv shows as suggestions to reassure me in those things or about me as a person being good. Ok! Thanks!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Shame and family

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Starsnsloths,

This is a really interesting question! I'm sure other folks will have additional recommendations, but I find this mix is a good starting place: https://www.scarleteen.com/blog/heather ... munication. Lizzo and Janelle Monae's music are also places where there's a lot of positive representation of sexual desire.

I haven't seen it myself, by I've also heard good things about the show Sex Education when it comes to representing a variety of sexualities in a positive, realistic light, so it may be worth checking that out as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic