Celebrating Small Victories

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Celebrating Small Victories

Unread post by Sam W »

Success of any kind is feeling pretty hard-won for a lot of us these last two years. But even without pandemic conditions, sometimes it's the little things in life that can feel like big victories. So, this is a thread for sharing accomplishments that might look small from the outside (cleaned your room, got a B on that test you were terrified of flunking, had that tough conversation with someone) but feel pretty big to you.

(I'm a little bit borrowing this idea from the "celebrate like I'm five" subreddit, but I thought it was a neat thing to do).

Mine for this week was reminding myself that my hobbies are for fun and that I don't need to put pressure on myself and stress out because I'm not doing them "enough."

How about y'all?
Emily N
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: Celebrating Small Victories

Unread post by Emily N »

I love this question! It can be so easy to get caught up in the everyday scheduling, planning, and stresses that it feels good to remember the everyday wins too. I tutor chemistry, and yesterday, for the first time this semester, my study group was really engaged and I felt actually helpful!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

Last week I bought a bunch of poster frames and framed/hung several pieces of art on my walls, some of which have been waiting for years to be displayed!! I feel silly that it took so long, but my apartment looks better now and I'm glad I finally got around to it.
Sadie1123
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: cisgender and straight

Unread post by Sadie1123 »

Last week, I finally worked up the courage to tell my now ex-boyfriend that I don't think we should see each other anymore. Don't worry, it's not because he's a bad guy or anything like that! I just really need to focus on school right now. Luckily, he took the news better than I thought he would.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic