hi yes i know this is old but !! wanted to answer specific questions
- if you've ever sized yourself with fabric measuring tape, it's just measuring tape that bends and is in a roll.https://rb.gy/12zft9
- an example. GC2B (probably the best binder company out there tbh) has great instructions for how to measure on their website ( https://www.gc2b.co/pages/sizing
) here. the material should be breathable and stretchy.
- ace bandages are just compression wraps to provide support to an injury. i had a nasty fall and hurt my ankle and used them for that. you don't want to use them for binding because they do not stretch, they get tighter as you move and can be severely damaging
- packing is one of those things where you should probably try it out on a small scale first, not everyone likes it. try rolling up a sock, stuffing it in your pants, see how that feels?
- visa gift cards work for ordering binder online without parents knowing. if you have a closet, hanging it up and putting a shirt over it, washing it while you take a shower could work. if there are trans/lgbt groups near you, they may have clothing exchanges that you'd be able to get a binder from too
hope this helps !