Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Melamyl
not a newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:13 am
My Awesomeness Quotient: My face
My primary language: English
My pronouns: She
Location: US

Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby Melamyl » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:25 am

Hi,

How is everyone? I hope you guys are doing well this Christmas. It's almost here and yet, some of us are still coping up trying to survive this pandemic by doing something productive every day.

Tbh, I've been feeling anxious these past weeks and I want to reward myself for surviving this pandemic so far. I'm sure most of us here would love a reward for ourselves.

So tell me, what would be the best gift you can give to yourself this Christmas? I plan on buying me a pup! How about you? :)

idk anymore
not a newbie
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:22 am
My Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
My primary language: English
My pronouns: He/Him
My sexual identity and orientation: Pan, mostly
Location: Epping, NH

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby idk anymore » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:44 pm

I don't have money, however, I'm planning to force my cats to snuggle with me whether they want to for prolonged periods of time! That's always makes me feel good! Have a happy holiday season everyone!
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman

bikinksterboy
not a newbie
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:32 pm
My Awesomeness Quotient: my willingness to try essentially anything
My primary language: English
My pronouns: he/him
My sexual identity and orientation: bisexual
Location: New York, New York

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby bikinksterboy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:25 pm

I'm probably gonna get myself RPG dice, jewelry, and/or my first dildo. It's for Chanukah, not Christmas, though! :D
"~Take a moment to think of just~"

~flexibility, love, and trust~"

idk anymore
not a newbie
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:22 am
My Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
My primary language: English
My pronouns: He/Him
My sexual identity and orientation: Pan, mostly
Location: Epping, NH

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby idk anymore » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:01 pm

RPG is great! I love me some D&D, Pathfinder, and Gamma World! or, unless its a, ah, different, kind of roleplay. Which is still good! I also wish I had a dildo... I hope you enjoy it!!!
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman

bikinksterboy
not a newbie
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:32 pm
My Awesomeness Quotient: my willingness to try essentially anything
My primary language: English
My pronouns: he/him
My sexual identity and orientation: bisexual
Location: New York, New York

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby bikinksterboy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:26 pm

thanks! these dice are for Vampire: the Masquerade but I also have an ongoing D&D campaign and I dabble in lots of different systems. and I hope I do enjoy the dildo!~ the other kind of roleplay doesn't usually have dice since it's just freeform, but I suppose sexual TTRPGs have to exist somewhere
"~Take a moment to think of just~"

~flexibility, love, and trust~"

Melamyl
not a newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:13 am
My Awesomeness Quotient: My face
My primary language: English
My pronouns: She
Location: US

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby Melamyl » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:36 am

bikinksterboy wrote:I'm probably gonna get myself RPG dice, jewelry, and/or my first dildo. It's for Chanukah, not Christmas, though! :D

I laughed a bit, but please enjoy what you want to do best. Happy holidays everyone!

icegu0922
newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:15 pm
My Awesomeness Quotient: Ambition
My primary language: English
My pronouns: She/her
My sexual identity and orientation: Heterosexual
Location: New York

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby icegu0922 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:45 am

Yes, I got myself a few gifts for finishing school and for Christmas, including a signed comic book, some custom-made bookmarks, and some books. I think treating oneself for Christmas is a great measure of self-care!

Melamyl
not a newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:13 am
My Awesomeness Quotient: My face
My primary language: English
My pronouns: She
Location: US

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby Melamyl » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:34 am

Hello guys,
I'll just stop by and leave this article here that I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with anxiety, stress, etc in this crisis and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have. Merry Christmas!
https://www.prevention.com/health/a3457 ... -symptoms/

bazookasos
not a newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:02 am
My pronouns: She/her
My sexual identity and orientation: Female
Location: USA

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby bazookasos » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:59 am

Melamyl wrote:Hi,

How is everyone? I hope you guys are doing well this Christmas. It's almost here and yet, some of us are still coping up trying to survive this pandemic by doing something productive every day.

Tbh, I've been feeling anxious these past weeks and I want to reward myself for surviving this pandemic so far. I'm sure most of us here would love a reward for ourselves.

So tell me, what would be the best gift you can give to yourself this Christmas? I plan on buying me a pup! How about you? :)


We've given each other presents.
I bought myself some 3D STL files for printing minis, but I do that every month...

You're planning on buying a puppy? Awesome. And you say you live alone, so you will have enough time for the little furball?

What race do you plan to get? I love dogs. Please inform yourself well about what kind of dog suits you. Sometimes people forget that every race has different needs and personalities.

Do you want to work with the dog. Do you have time for long walks or only for short ones? Do you want a dog that's very active or one that is content with less action? A watchdog, a big one a small one? One that only listens to you or a family dog?

Have fun looking around and please also get information about a reliable breeder. It will spare a lot of trouble if you get a dog from a reliable breeder.

bikinksterboy
not a newbie
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:32 pm
My Awesomeness Quotient: my willingness to try essentially anything
My primary language: English
My pronouns: he/him
My sexual identity and orientation: bisexual
Location: New York, New York

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby bikinksterboy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:29 am

bazookasos wrote:
Melamyl wrote:Hi,

How is everyone? I hope you guys are doing well this Christmas. It's almost here and yet, some of us are still coping up trying to survive this pandemic by doing something productive every day.

Tbh, I've been feeling anxious these past weeks and I want to reward myself for surviving this pandemic so far. I'm sure most of us here would love a reward for ourselves.

So tell me, what would be the best gift you can give to yourself this Christmas? I plan on buying me a pup! How about you? :)


We've given each other presents.
I bought myself some 3D STL files for printing minis, but I do that every month...

You're planning on buying a puppy? Awesome. And you say you live alone, so you will have enough time for the little furball?

What race do you plan to get? I love dogs. Please inform yourself well about what kind of dog suits you. Sometimes people forget that every race has different needs and personalities.

Do you want to work with the dog. Do you have time for long walks or only for short ones? Do you want a dog that's very active or one that is content with less action? A watchdog, a big one a small one? One that only listens to you or a family dog?

Have fun looking around and please also get information about a reliable breeder. It will spare a lot of trouble if you get a dog from a reliable breeder.


FWIW, I always recommend adopting from a shelter. there are so many dogs in need already and so many poor pups on the streets that we don't really need to bring more into this world. Additionally, pure bred dogs can tend to have inborn health problems as side effects. If you don't adopt though, do your homework on the breeder, please! and don't ever buy from a pet store if you can help it! puppy mills treat their dogs so badly and even breeders that present themselves as humane can hide cruelty under the surface.
"~Take a moment to think of just~"

~flexibility, love, and trust~"

Melamyl
not a newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:13 am
My Awesomeness Quotient: My face
My primary language: English
My pronouns: She
Location: US

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby Melamyl » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:44 am

bikinksterboy wrote:FWIW, I always recommend adopting from a shelter. there are so many dogs in need already and so many poor pups on the streets that we don't really need to bring more into this world. Additionally, pure bred dogs can tend to have inborn health problems as side effects. If you don't adopt though, do your homework on the breeder, please! and don't ever buy from a pet store if you can help it! puppy mills treat their dogs so badly and even breeders that present themselves as humane can hide cruelty under the surface.


My dad and mom is like that, they adopt street dogs whenever they see one, I think they now have 6 of them in their home. I plan to get a Husky over beagle (which is the only two options) from friends so I am aware of how they are taking care of their furbabies. :D

bazookasos
not a newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:02 am
My pronouns: She/her
My sexual identity and orientation: Female
Location: USA

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby bazookasos » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:49 am

Make sure you do your research first before deciding to get one. Pets have feelings too so you better be up to the task of making sure they are well cared for and loved before having one. :)

Btw, how are you doing now? I hope you're with your family while you celebrate the New Year! Nothing's ever happier than to be with your loved ones at this end of the year celebration.

EdSnow
newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:09 am
My primary language: English
My pronouns: she/her
My sexual identity and orientation: bisexual
Location: Miami, Florida

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby EdSnow » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:12 am

My form of anxiety tends to take the form that in a task I don't really want to do, every tiny speedbump seems like a mountain. So I procrastinate the task, feel guilty about it, and then spiral into a state where I can't accomplish anything. When I do see this happening, I've found that the best approach is to acknowledge it, point out to myself that there isn't anyone else who is going to do this task, and I visualize the time when this task is complete and how much better that will feel.

The gifts I gave to myself were my good health and patience. Prayers sent for all that are having struggles this past year, I feel bad that so many are struggling..... most of us here are so fortunate.

Melamyl
not a newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:13 am
My Awesomeness Quotient: My face
My primary language: English
My pronouns: She
Location: US

Re: Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

Unread postby Melamyl » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:05 am

Thanks for the wonderful advice EdSnow. I really appreciate it!


Return to “Et Cetera”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests