What if I die due to trans refusal of care?

Questions and discussion about sex and sexuality in political or community beliefs, principles, actions, policies, experiences, messages and media.
transfemandgay
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual/Aromantic

What if I die due to trans refusal of care?

Unread post by transfemandgay »

What the title says.

Didn't help that I was starting to question my gender again when this came out but whatever. I'm a trans woman of color so my average lifespan is like 30. I'll probably be murdered before I die due to refusal of care, but even then they're one in the same, aren't they? Sure, California is a liberal state and they'll probably pass state laws bypassing whatever bullshit Trump did, but laws are only as good as the people who follow them, right? A law can't stop a bigoted EMT from looking at my dying body on the ground and seeing the cock attached to me as reason enough not to help me.

So like... the fuck?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: What if I die due to trans refusal of care?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi transfemandgay,

I don't have much to add, because you're right that this is some scary B.S and that laws aren't necessarily a guarantee that individuals won't make harmful, transphobic choices. I more wanted you to know that we see you and hear you, and that I'm sorry the world is such a pointlessly shitty place for trans women much of the time.

Is there anything we can do to support you right now, even if that's just offering a space to vent?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic