I feel uncomfortable around my grandpa

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
IAmScared
not a newbie
Pronouns: He/Him/His

I feel uncomfortable around my grandpa

Unread post by IAmScared »

Hi <3

Let me get one thing straight first: I love my grandpa,the one I live with.

But every time I'm around him,I remember how he touched my breasts without asking for my consent when I was 19. I feel I can't talk to anyone about this.I KNOW he won't abuse me again because I don't have breasts anymore (I had top surgery) and I look like a boy and have facial hair and he isn't into guys.But I feel uncomfortable.What do I do?

I just feel my life is bad.I have been sexually assaulted by 3 different people in my life,including him...
Also,I'm into older guys,and mum says that since I'm still a child in my mind,that older people will use or abuse me,like it happened before.How does one protect himself from being abused?
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Re: I feel uncomfortable around my grandpa

Unread post by Siân »

Hi IAmScared,

We've shared everything we can with you on the topic of abuse - and we've set limits around discussing this more. The best thing right now would be to look for support from someone who can work through this with you - like a therapist.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic