Over reacting?

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
aven1861
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a SFX artist
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: polysexual masc romantic

Over reacting?

Unread post by aven1861 »

Hey! So um I went through some stuff and I'm not sure if it counts as abuse. Am I
over reacting? What counts as abuse/trauma?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Over reacting?

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there, aven.

Generally, if someone is thinking like you are, chances are awfully good abuse is what has occurred. But I'm happy to talk through this with you if you like, however you'd like to do it.

You can also start with a basic overview of what abuse is like this one: Blinders Off: Getting a Good Look at Abuse and Assault.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic