NO MEANS NO! My hope is that all girls read this

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
Okie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am surrounded by people
Primary language: english
Pronouns: her
Sexual identity: straight

NO MEANS NO! My hope is that all girls read this

Unread post by Okie »

This happened three years ago but I didn't realize what he did was wrong. I blamed myself for all of it until I told a good friend about what happened, and now I see that it was all his fault.
I was 14, he was 17, and my friends knew about him but my parents didn't. I went out with him a few times, we fooled around a little but nothing crazy. He asked if I was a virgin and he asked how far I had gone, and my answer was yes and not much.
A couple weeks later and he wanted to join me in my bedroom. We texted back and forth until I finally agreed as he wouldn't take NO for an answer. Had to wait another hour for my parents to go to bed, and after that I was able to get him thru the bedroom window without them knowing.
At first we would stick with kissing and some light touching, but he started going over this limit. He started asking if we could have sex, and I said no. Minutes later he then asked if he could go down on me, and he asked this many times! He was all nice and polite with the way he was asking, nothing forceful. I got tired of saying no so I let him do it. Him going down on me was embarrassing and uncomfortable, but I tried to enjoy the moment.
5 minutes later and I had him stop because I didn't want to have an orgasm. Right after this was when he asked if he could put it in me for a moment. He said it's not really sex because it would just be in me for a moment. No was my answer, just like all the other times I said no, but he again wouldn't take no for an answer. So yes, I let him put it in me me for a moment, and I did this because I wanted him to leave as I didn't want my parents knowing he was in my room. No condom was used because he said one wasn't needed. A minute later and he took it out, I am sure he wanted more but I was done playing with him and I wanted him gone! He gave me a kiss and left.
He told my friends that I had sex with him, my one friend at the time congratulated me for losing my virginity. I made it look like I was happy and that I enjoyed it, and I made it look like I was happy with being with him.
A few weeks later and we had full blown sex. I did it because I already lost my virginity with him and I did it because my friends believed we were doing it. It was nothing magical or enjoyable, it wasn't painful but it wasn't pleasurable either. We did use a condom, but I was constantly worried that it would break.
A week or so later and we had an argument about something and he yelled at me and said that I wasn't a good lay anyway. A few days later and he was already kissing another girl.
Three years later and I now see that he just wanted my virginity. He played this nice guy role and acted like a non-sexual relationship was okay. It was 100% reverse psychology.
Lesson learned.
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Re: NO MEANS NO! My hope is that all girls read this

Unread post by Alexa »

Hey Okie,

I'm so sorry that your "no" was ignored and that you were pressured into sex. That is never okay.

I'm glad that you no longer feel as though this was your fault -- it absolutely wasn't! His behavior was manipulative and coercive and that's not on you at *all.*

Thank you for sharing your story here. <3 If you want to talk more about how this makes you feel now, or other things it brings up for you, we are here.

For anyone else reading this who wants to learn more about consent, we have a great Quickie that links to a number of consent-related articles on and beyond our site.
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic