How to know if you are being abused (repost)

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
Storm
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they/aer
Sexual identity: Demisexual/polyamorous/omnisexual

How to know if you are being abused (repost)

Unread post by Storm »

This is a link to a post made by a friend of my on trevorspace. Personally I have used this and I have also found it very helpful
https://www.trevorspace.org/forums/topi ... ~-tw-abse/

Please stay safe
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: How to know if you are being abused (repost)

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Storm,

It looks like people cannot view the post unless they have an account. If you'd like the share the information that was helpful for you, maybe copy-pasting it would work better? Too, if you (or anyone else) ever needs resources on spotting red flags in a relationship, these articles are really helpful: Does Your Relationship Need a Checkup?, Potholes & Dead Ends: Relationship Roadblocks to Look Out For
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic