Kind of confused...

Questions and discussion about your sexuality and how it's a part of who you are as a person.
Gluggaveður
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I try.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: any
Sexual identity: greyromantic, sapphic, asexual, genderfluid

Kind of confused...

Unread post by Gluggaveður »

I'm on the autism spectrum and I've always found it difficult to differentiate between romantic and platonic attraction and love. I think in the romantic respect I don't feel as brightly or as strongly as others do. I'm not aromantic, I have had legitimate crushes before, but I just feel like there's something missing. I've never been in a relationship. I'm wondering if I only feel romantic attraction on occasion (ergo greyromantic label) or if it's normal to feel romantic attraction sort of 'lightly'?
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Re: Kind of confused...

Unread post by Amanda B »

Hi there,

It's completely normal for romantic attraction to vary. For instance, you may experience everything from a mild, fleeting crush, to intense romantic feelings. The same goes for platonic attraction. You can feel friendly with one person, then really want to build a close friendship with someone else. That's the fun part about attraction! It varies so much and can be fluid throughout one's lifetime. I'm glad you're thinking about what attraction means to you, and trying to clarify everything with labels that feel like a good fit. This is a great step in understanding what types of relationships will be most fulfilling. I hope this helps!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic