Stressful night

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
thewrit3r
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty smart
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Stressful night

Unread post by thewrit3r »

Last night I went dancing with some friends at a social. It was a lot of fun but then I saw one of my friends come in and she was really drunk. When I went to hug her, she was literally stumbling and couldn’t really control her body movements.

Thankfully she came with friends so they were watching her. But I still wanted to keep an eye on her so I would check in on her now and then.

When I checked on her again she was laying down, at some point it looked like she had been unconscious because I saw friends carrying her. I was freaking out I didn’t know if I needed to call 911 or not. I asked a friend what to do and she told me to get another friend. I did but then I didn’t see my friend or the friends she came with. I figured she went with her friends, but I was still freaking out.

This was eventually confirmed and I felt better, but it still was a very stressful situation. I texted her this morning to check up on her and she said she was fine and asked why I was worried. I asked her if she remembered going out last night and she said she didn’t go out last night.

I talked with my mom about it and I know it wasn’t me so I can’t actually know what she was going through so maybe I’m overreacting to the whole thing. However I’ve been drunk once and it felt awful. I felt so unbalanced and it freaks me out that I couldn’t remember some things I said that night. To not remember anything that happened last night scares me.

But my friend is okay and I guess I am projecting how she feels. I’m sure this has happened before but it’s the first time it’s happened to me so it’s just a bit shocking. I guess there’s nothing really to do but process what happened.

Sorry for the post being so long. I felt like I needed to get it out. I think I’m doing better now just talking about it a little :)
"The writer is by nature a dreamer - a conscious dreamer."
-Carson McCullers
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Stressful night

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi thewrit3r,

That does sound like a stressful situation! I'm glad everyone is okay, and that writing about it here helped you feel better. I think you're right that most of what's left to do is process how you felt about this, although if you're pretty close to the friend who was drunk I think it's okay to mention (if you haven't already) that she did in fact go out last night and why you were worried about her.
thewrit3r
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty smart
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Stressful night

Unread post by thewrit3r »

Hi Sam,

I did mention to her that she seemed out of it (I said she didn’t seem like she was feeling well) but I didn’t outright say she was drunk. I don’t know, that sounds more accusing than concerned but I feel like she has a right to know.

She just texted me back that her meds were the reason she was out of it, saying she knew she didn’t drink that much. But I know certain medications mix very badly with alcohol, and you can’t always judge what’s “too much” to drink especially if you’re young, and in her case, underage (she’s 18).
"The writer is by nature a dreamer - a conscious dreamer."
-Carson McCullers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic