Sentimental Items

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
redUnmentionabl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Sentimental Items

Unread post by redUnmentionabl »

My girlfriend and I exchanged gifts and she had got matching leather bracelets. Mine is a simple strip with a button while hers has a pink Aztec design. We don't see each other very often so whenever I want to kiss her I kiss the bracelet, when I want to nuzzle noses I do it to the bracelet. Does anyone else have similar? This sort of sentimental value is really interesting.
KittyPink
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I do art.
Pronouns: Xe/Xir or She/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian, switch, polyam, rope addict.

Re: Sentimental Items

Unread post by KittyPink »

I had a collar from an ex that I wore all the time, and it helped me when I felt like I needed them or when I was anxious.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
capablehippie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can make bread, all by myself
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by capablehippie »

I have lots of sweet notes from my boyfriend (and he has lots from me). I like to read those when I miss him.
KittyPink
not a newbie

capablehippie wrote:I have lots of sweet notes from my boyfriend (and he has lots from me). I like to read those when I miss him.
Aweee... That's kind of something I did for a more recent ex, except no notes were given in return.
"You are a dreamcatcher, you are beautiful to look at and you take the bad away and only give people the good." - Andrea Blankenship

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
capablehippie
not a newbie

It's such a nice feeling to have that little piece of paper in my pocket, or to find one in a pair of jeans I haven't washed for a little while. I think I'll keep these notes for a really long time, no matter when the relationship ends.
I'm sorry no notes were given back, that wouldn't feel good after you did something caring for them :( Do you still have the collar?
KittyPink
not a newbie

capablehippie wrote:It's such a nice feeling to have that little piece of paper in my pocket, or to find one in a pair of jeans I haven't washed for a little while. I think I'll keep these notes for a really long time, no matter when the relationship ends.
I'm sorry no notes were given back, that wouldn't feel good after you did something caring for them :( Do you still have the collar?
No, I don't have the collar anymore, my grandmother threw it out. :(

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
capablehippie
not a newbie

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :( I think I remember you posting about that before.
Kaizen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I've kept a journal for thirteen years so far
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Kaizen »

My boyfriend has given me a couple of stuffed animals, which of course are great for hugging. One is a rabbit because my house at school once discussed our "spirit animals" (what animal fits your personality) and I decided mine was a rabbit. The other is a very realistic elephant. Having studied biology in college, my boyfriend appreciated that the elephant has a mouth, not just a trunk, so as well as being cute, it makes me think of how nerdy he is (and I find nerdery very attractive).

I also often ask him to write me a letter in my journal during a visit. He writes (in the sense of word choice) beautifully, and I like being able to trace his handwriting (which is not so beautiful :P ). Once he gave me a "handholding simulator," tracing his hand onto the page so I could lay mine over it.
KittyPink
not a newbie

Kaizen wrote:My boyfriend has given me a couple of stuffed animals, which of course are great for hugging. One is a rabbit because my house at school once discussed our "spirit animals" (what animal fits your personality) and I decided mine was a rabbit. The other is a very realistic elephant. Having studied biology in college, my boyfriend appreciated that the elephant has a mouth, not just a trunk, so as well as being cute, it makes me think of how nerdy he is (and I find nerdery very attractive).

I also often ask him to write me a letter in my journal during a visit. He writes (in the sense of word choice) beautifully, and I like being able to trace his handwriting (which is not so beautiful :P ). Once he gave me a "handholding simulator," tracing his hand onto the page so I could lay mine over it.
That's super sweet...

***Transfeminine***

LIVE AND LEARN
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Unread post by Redskies »

At a time when I was having a very hard time, my then-long-distance partner sent me their slightly-worn hoodie through the international mail. I was leaning on them a lot at the time, and they couldn't be with me, and that hoodie was a lifeline - I cuddled it a lot. It was an exceptionally snuggly hoodie. It being a hoodie, I could also take it into a bunch of exams that I couldn't take anything else in to; one time, I wore it in order to take it in.

A little unconventional, but it was exactly what I needed at the time. Partner has the hoodie back - it fits them better than it fits me! - but we both know it was The Hoodie when we see it.
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
JboySpa
Pronouns: he

Unread post by JboySpa »

My girlfriend made me a blanket and sent it to me when we were away from each other a few years ago. It was one of the nicest things I've ever received, but it felt special because there was a connection to it. I definitely feel what you're describing.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I have an old cigar box where I stash sentimental items. It mostly contains love letters from my partner (most of which were written when we were in high school), but I also have notes from my family and friends in there (including a few Scarleteen related items).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic