I really wanna get closer with my ex again, but i dont know if i should

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
plutomooon
Awesomeness Quotient: i really love music :3 all types of music
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/they
Sexual identity: Bisexual

I really wanna get closer with my ex again, but i dont know if i should

Unread post by plutomooon »

Hii so im new to this forum, and i dont even know if i can post this here.. but here we go

So a year ago or so i had this boyfriend which is still my friend to this day, and i feel like he gives me mixed signals. Some days hes very friendly, and others he just ignores me all day. I really want to get closer to him again like before, but i dont know how would i do it or if i should even do it
But its also very important to say that i still have some feelings for him. Ive always had.
Please give me some feedback :3

Thank you for reading c:
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

Re: I really wanna get closer with my ex again, but i dont know if i should

Unread post by Carly »

Hey plutomoon -- welcome! Yes, this is totally something we can talk about with you.

Can you talk more about these mixed signals your ex gives, even while you're just friends? Have you ever asked him about it, or has he ever mentioned it?
plutomooon
Awesomeness Quotient: i really love music :3 all types of music
Pronouns: She/they

Unread post by plutomooon »

Hii sorry for the late response, but some of the mixed signals are like in a party a few days ago he was flirting w me, basically saying i was too pretty to be there and stuff like that (he usually does not say those things) and no, i havent asked him and he hasnt mentioned it

pd he has been ignoring me and idk why.. he stopped talking to me
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, I'm going to jump in because I'm on shift!

I agree with Carly- it would be useful to ask him about what is going on when you can, to make sure you're both on the same page. Of course, you can't do that if he is ignoring you.

Perhaps he is not responding to you because he is unusually busy or tired- this may be temporary. However, I think that you deserve a partner who respects you and wants to be with you, not one who gives you mixed signals and then ignores you. I think the relevant questions are- does he usually give you mixed signals and then ignore you? Is this a pattern, or a one-off incident?

P.S. Don't worry about the late response, it's alright!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic