polyamorous

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Xee
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

polyamorous

Unread post by Xee »

I think I'm polyamorous and I was talking to my friend about it and she was judging me so bad and now I feel kinda shit about it bcs I feel like so many people would be judging and no one would even wanna be in a polyamorous relationship with me. I haven't even met anyone irl who is polyamorous, only people online. But I really wanna be in a polyamorous relationship, half of my fantasies include two or more people besides myself. I've been in monogamous relationships and they're great too but yeah I just really really wanna be in a polyamorous relationship.
But then at the same time I'm such a hopeless romantic and I feel like being in a polyamorous relationship would make me feel shit because I'd want all the attention to be on me. And I get so attached to people, I catch feelings so quickly and it becomes so obsessive and idk how I'd split that between two or more people. I feel like I'm overthinking because there's no need to worry about it rn because I'm not in a relationship but thinking about it has been really unnecessarily stressing me out.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: polyamorous

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Xee,

So, since this as pretty hypothetical, I think a helpful place to start is with our series on polyamory: A First Polyamory Guide. I think it's also worth thinking about what elements of polyamory appeal to you and what you hope a poly relationship would involve.

It does suck to share something about your relationship hopes or preferences and have people react negatively, but sadly there's still a lot of misconceptions about polyamory floating around out there. I will say it's not that strange that you don't know any poly people offline. While polyamory is more well-known among young people than it was ten years ago, plenty of sixteen year olds aren't at the point where they're dating at all, let alone working out how to navigate a polyamorous relationship.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic