How Do You Practice Self-Love? A Question for Everyone!

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

How Do You Practice Self-Love? A Question for Everyone!

Unread post by Amanda B »

While it's important to nurture relationships with partners, friends, family, and everyone in between, one of the most important relationships to consider is the one you have with yourself. After all, we can't fully show up to our external relationships if our internal relationship with ourselves is hurting. Exploring self-love can help you understand what you're looking for in partners, how you best communicate, how to find fulfillment in solitude, and so much more. I practice self-love by taking myself to do activities I know I love. Reading a book in the park, going to a museum, or cooking my favorite meal are all solo activities I enjoy practicing for self-love. Even just taking the time to breathe during a busy school or workday is one of my favorite ways to give myself a little tender love and care. So, how do you nurture the relationship you have with yourself, and practice self-love?
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: How Do You Practice Self-Love? A Question for Everyone!

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi Amanda,

I love this post, thank you for sharing! I try to practice a little self-love every day. I listen to my favorite songs, spend time with my boyfriend, reach out to my friends, read a book, and paint. Sometimes I even treat myself to something sweet like ice cream or a Starbucks drink. It's even better when I can share these activities with someone else, so I always try to invite someone to tag along.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic