best friend relationship

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Eyeyey
Pronouns: They

best friend relationship

Unread post by Eyeyey »

I really like my bestie and I love her as a family but sometimes, I really don't like her way of chatting, yes, we use emojis to express what we're feeling and avoid misunderstanding, it works most of the time but when I get confused, like, I know I've got average emotional intelligence and think I may be overthinking it but when she uses this particular emoji in a particular situation and sentence or even by just plainly seeing it without explenation in complete abruptness, it irks me, like, it got this you're 'illiterate' comment and I absolutely don't like it

Anddd even if I know every ins and outs of my messed up thoughts, I feel fed up of her chats and my personality, this has happened countless times and I just try my best, with my utmost self-control while relying to my short term memory to keep it in me and not lash out that can probably poof away our friendship because I know how much of an unreasonable guy I am once passed the line.

But, all those will just be in a short time, it doesn't last long because once I meet her I know it'll be great no matter how troublesome and how much I disagree with some of her decisions.

So I wanna ask what to do with myself, I think this is my problem and so I want to like, know what kind of mentality I should have when facing the concerns I have written above.

Thank you! I get emotional and real cold like moody asf so I want to take precautions, or rather, I just want all of it out of my system, still want to know y'all advice tho!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: best friend relationship

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Eyeyey,

Let's start with the emoji issue, since it has a pretty straightforward way of addressing it. What if you asked your friend to a follow-up question when she uses an emoji you're not sure of the context of? After all, it's pretty common to ask someone to clarify if you're in a conversation with them and not sure what they mean.

When you say you're fed up with your chats with her and your personality, are you just referring to the issue with the emojis? Or are there other things going on that are leading to you feeling that way?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic