A Question on a future friend

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Eavuke
Awesomeness Quotient: I am always trying to learn something new.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Any/All pronouns
Sexual identity: I can like anyone, but I rarely do.

A Question on a future friend

Unread post by Eavuke »

A few months ago I started an email pen pal situation with someone I was paired with through a discord server event. We talked pretty consistently, every other day to once a week, for a few weeks to a month or two. When the summer holidays hit it slowed down and eventually stopped because he had a family vacation to go on.
I didn't hear back until I texted him through discord in September and said that I would like to keep up our emails or just texting through discord if that is easier. He agreed and said he would as well, but it may be a little while because he just started school again and it is hard for him to work up the energy to write an entire email.
It has been a few weeks since then and I haven't heard a thing. I really would like to keep up this interaction with him as he seems like someone I could be friends with, but I don't want to seem impatient or inconsiderate if I text him again just as a conversational way.
Does anyone have any idea what I should do, or questions on what I said? Basically, should I text him or no?
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: A Question on a future friend

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi Eavuke, welcome to the boards!
Sorry to hear your friendship with this person has become distant since the summer. Honestly, there's no right or wrong answer, because we can't know what he's thinking. I say it's okay to shoot him one more text, especially since it's been a few weeks since the last one, and just be honest and tell him everything you just said: that you'd really like to be friends but don't want to be inconsiderate of his time. If he isn't receptive, perhaps he isn't interested in pursuing the friendship at the moment; but there's a chance he's just been really busy, so it's best to be transparent with him. Best of luck <3
Eavuke
Awesomeness Quotient: I am always trying to learn something new.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Any/All pronouns
Sexual identity: I can like anyone, but I rarely do.

Re: A Question on a future friend

Unread post by Eavuke »

Thank you Sofi, I will do that. I think I really just needed motivation and support, I appreciate your response!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic