What qualities do you value most in a relationship?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Coral
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

What qualities do you value most in a relationship?

Unread post by Coral »

What are some qualities that you value most in relationships- whether romantic or platonic?

For me, I really value honesty and communication in both romantic and platonic relationships. Taking stock of what matters the most to me helps me to consider which relationships in my life are thriving and which may need some work. I've also found that it helps me to think about what I could do better.

Naming the qualities that are most important to you can help build better relationships in your life. What are some qualities that you value?
Emily N
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: What qualities do you value most in a relationship?

Unread post by Emily N »

I agree that honesty and communication are very important in my relationships! I think two other key components that I value are kindness and acceptance from my partner, friends, and family. If conversations are built on a foundation of kindness and an attempt to understand the other person, I feel more comfortable being vulnerable and building trust within my relationships.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic