Modern Love

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
girlplayer34
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can play basketball
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Modern Love

Unread post by girlplayer34 »

So does anyone here think dating has gotten worse over the years, No just me ok then. I mean from social media to dating apps it is impossible to find a real connection with someone. Now don't get me wrong I know tons of people have meet online or by sliding in the DMs but thats not my style. I guess you can say I'm old fashion I like being able to have a conversation with someone and see if they laugh at my jokes or the way their eyes light up, I can't see those things on a dating app and we all know social media isn't really I mean nobody's life is that perfect. I feel like its possible now to date sometimes I wish I was wondering a little earlier before social media and dating websites and meet someone the old fashion way. Does anyone else feel like this?
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Modern Love

Unread post by Carly »

Hey girlplayer34 -- this sounds extremely frustrating, I'm sorry you're feeling this way right now. I think a lot of people share the same sentiment; I know I did when I was on dating apps. Especially in 2020, before people were vaccinated. Can you see any benefits to meeting people on apps? One thing I did like about them was that I didn't have to have a potentially awkward conversation with someone I didn't know while I was out, if I got a match I knew the person was interested and it got a lot of initial anxiety out of the way for me. Or, they can be a place where you can meet people based on a specific interest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic