I'm frustrated

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Hel
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Any

I'm frustrated

Unread post by Hel »

I know it's in the title, but I'm frustrated right now. I finally was able to let go of the trust issues I had that stemmed from my asshole ex-boyfriend. Now I am able to trust my new boyfriend (of about four months now!) very much. He's been so supportive and helpful during hard times I've had these past two weeks, and I have confidence he wants to be with me for a long time - and I feel the same way. Our relationship is going really well.

But we can't see each other right now because we're A.) on lockdown and B.) about to go on school break. I know we are video calling and texting and stuff, but I just want to make out with him, see him in person, feel his body, hear his voice without background noises from a video call, etc.

How can I stop feeling so frustrated? What can I channel this energy into? I have a lot of hobbies; mainly music, reading, and writing.
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: I'm frustrated

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi Hel,
I understand your frustration and it's totally valid to be feeling that way. Many of us have found ourselves in what is basically a long distance relationship that we didn't agree to go into. What helps me is knowing that we have all this awesome technology we can use for now to stay connected. It is definitely good to keep up with (or start new) hobbies, that will keep you entertained and stimulated and is a great outlet for this energy. Physical activity does wonders too--even if that's just a 20 minute daily walk around the block (or if you're on full lockdown where you are, up and down stairs or around your house works too), getting up and moving around will help clear your mind. Ultimately, just know you're not alone in your situation and in feeling frustrated and things right now are definitely hard to navigate, so you're doing great.
Hel
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Any

Re: I'm frustrated

Unread post by Hel »

Thank you for the advice. I'll try harder to remind myself I'm not alone. Getting outside definitely is a great idea also. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic