First kiss during the pandemic

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Susan
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My face
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Sexual identity: Bi/Pan

First kiss during the pandemic

Unread post by Susan »

I'm a 13 year old who has a boyfriend. My family is very nervous about the pandemic, even though we live about as far away from a hot spot as you can be. I've been wishing I could see my boyfriend without social distancing, and actually have my fist kiss. We've been talking seeing each other for a while, but my parents don't even let me see my own extended family, who I miss. Any advice?
“I have spoken.” - Kuill, The Mandalorian
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: First kiss during the pandemic

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi Susan! I'm sorry to hear you're unable to see your boyfriend right now, I know that's a tough situation. I seems like your parents are trying to keep you as safe as possible and it's valid for them to be nervous, since our health is so important. Perhaps you could bring up to them a proposal: if you and your boyfriend both get tested and quarantine for 5 days (the minimum recommended time), then you could hang out without social distancing? Just an idea of a specific plan you could discuss with them. For now, just keep remembering that this won't last forever and you'll get plenty of opportunities for your first kiss with him once it's safe! Hang in there <3
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic