My crush didn’t show up for a video chat ... now what to do.

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Sabine
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: The way I can really think and analyze
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Re: My crush didn’t show up for a video chat ... now what to do.

Unread post by Sabine »

I know it hurts, but I will accept that her desire for me is less than mine for her (at least right now). It especially hurts because I was still close to getting a girlfriend that actually liked me back and I liked. I still would like to be friends with her.

So, yeah its hard for me not to talk about her and it’s kinda hard for me not to think about her. So I agree I shouldn't - at least until she makes contact or shows up again in my life (which I hope she does). Letting go of this crush is harder than I thought ... :x :cry:
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I'd suggest adjusting your expectations away from friendship, for the time being, since she hasn't had much contact with you, period. Which, as painful as it may be, indicates she's not interested in pursuing any kind of close relationship with you, including a friendship.

So, for now, how about we make this a crush-free space? That way, when you're here, you can focus on other things, whatever they may be.
bazookasos
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Female

Unread post by bazookasos »

Sam's right, maybe just give her time to thin. Also, aside from thinking for the possibility that she doesn't have any interest at you at all, there are other possibilities to why she did not showed up for a video chat. Like what if she lost internet or got to an emergency. So it's really better to keep expectations at low for now. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic