I have a crush, but I don’t know whether I should have a relationship, but I want to videochat with her

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
Sabine
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: The way I can really think and analyze
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Lesbian

I have a crush, but I don’t know whether I should have a relationship, but I want to videochat with her

Unread post by Sabine »

I kinda have this one crush on this Danish girl who I think lives in the UK or Denmark. We met through a speed dating event and we got eachothers Instagram numbers. How can I tell she likes me via text? Like interested in me? She was asking when I will be able to travel and when I will go to Copenhagen (since I am interested in it). She texts a lot of a certain emoji.

Also, I don’t know if I can have a long distance relationship because I may be back in the US soon. But either way, I am interested and want to ask her to video chat another time. What should I say? How should I ask her in a non awkward way? I want to get to know her first and its casual. Also, idk if shes busy, but maybe she didn’t text me today but she texted me in the morning. I am just nervous, but at the same time I don’t want to be too worried.

So advice much appreciated.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: I have a crush, but I don’t know whether I should have a relationship, but I want to videochat with her

Unread post by Mo »

There's never going to be a sure-fire way to know how someone else feels about you if you don't act directly, or they don't tell you directly without being prompted. In general, if someone responds to your messages, seems engaged in whatever conversation you're having, and asks questions and seems to want to know more about you, those are all positive signs! But if you're wondering whether that means she returns your feelings or not, there isn't a way to know just based on messages; it's something you could ask her, at some point, if you want.
In terms of asking to video chat, I think it's best to keep it simple and ask something like "I'm enjoying talking to you, do you want to make a plan to video chat sometime soon?" You don't need to come up with a special way to ask; being straightforward is a good idea, I think.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic