Bathtub fun

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Whizdom
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a bit of a pyromaniac. Just ask me why.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Her
Sexual identity: Last time I checked I am a female

Bathtub fun

Unread post by Whizdom »

I see no harm in asking this on this sight.
The only privacy that I have at my house is when I take a bath. My secret is that when I fill up the bathtub I will let the water run down on my vagina and I will easily get a couple orgasms out of it. Once the bathtub fills I am out of luck.
My question is I can sometimes overdo it and my vagina can be very red and puffy and a little sore. Am I doing anything that could maybe cause a problem? And does anybody know of any kind of cream that I can maybe use around the vagina, maybe something that can cool it down? Sometimes I just take Advil, that seems to help.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Bathtub fun

Unread post by Mo »

You aren't necessarily doing anything that would cause lasting harm, but since you are noticing soreness I think it's a good idea to see if you can find a way to cut down on that. If you're keeping the water very hot, you may find that you're irritating the skin by having the hot water fall directly on your vulva. If you find that the rest of your skin turns pink after holding it under the faucet for a short time, the water may be too hot; try keeping the temperature a little lower and see if that helps. In terms of something to use topically, using a 100% aloe product (not an aloe gel like you might see for sunburns, but pure aloe liquid) very sparingly around the vulva but not in the vagina or right around the entrance could be helpful; aloe can "cool off" overheated skin. If this is a heat issue I think it could help, but I think adjusting the water temperature would be a better solution than treating red and irritated skin afterwards.
phantomdog
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm a biology researcher!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he / him
Sexual identity: bi

Re: Bathtub fun

Unread post by phantomdog »

hi whizdom,

i think it's also worth noting that sometimes municipal water can contain high amounts of residual chlorine from the purification process, which can cause irritation, particularly on mucous membranes or other areas of the body in which the skin is particularly thin. this could explain the irritation, but i would recommend doing a chlorine test to be sure. if this is the case, it could help to limit the exposure or find another equally-satisfying aquatic alternative. :-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic