First time?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
dustbunnysgal
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: pansexual

First time?

Unread post by dustbunnysgal »

So me and my boyfriend recently had sex ( two days ago) and it was both our first time, but I'm a bit worried that something went wrong and the condom slipped or something. I know its too early to get a test, but im not sure exactly how to go about getting over this fear of mine. Is it normal?
Alice O
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm really good at taking naps.
Primary language: Engish
Sexual identity: hetero

Re: First time?

Unread post by Alice O »

Hey dustbunnysgal,

Welcome to the boards :)

It sounds like you didn’t notice something was wrong with the condom, but are worrying in hindsight that something might have been. Is that right?

When your boyfriend withdrew his penis from your vagina, did either of you notice that a. the condom had mysteriously disappeared or b. that the condom had a big rip in it? If not, the condom was most likely effective!

Here is a great piece about the ins and outs of using condoms:
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

If this was your first time engaging in an activity that could result in pregnancy, I think it makes a lot of sense to have some worries after the fact. But one thing that can help with those worries, is adding a second-method of birth control (such as an IUD or birth control pills.) Then you can feel even more protected from pregnancy. Have you thought about any other types of birth control?
dustbunnysgal
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: pansexual

Unread post by dustbunnysgal »

I was looking at different methods and effectiveness of birth control and we don't plan to do it again till I'm on something. I didn't notice anything in the condom when we had finished and it did seem like it was on correctly. my main fear is even a pin hole being in it and the chance of pregnancy being there. my worries are getting to where I'm anticipating my period so I can know for sure I'm not.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

It may help to know that when a condom has a hole or a tear, that hole will be noticeable. So if the condom had a hole in it, you would have seen it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic