Having Penetrative Sex Never Gets Me "There"?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
raily_
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her

Having Penetrative Sex Never Gets Me "There"?

Unread post by raily_ »

Hi everyone, I have been sexually active for the past few months and I am somewhat worried something is wrong with me. Anytime my boyfriend uses either his fingers or his penis for penetrative pleasure, it never makes me "finish". It doesn't even feel that good when he uses his fingers, but it does feel good when we engage in vagina-penis sex. It feels amazing sometimes, but it never makes me finish. Is there any advice on how to help me orgasm from penetrative sex?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Having Penetrative Sex Never Gets Me "There"?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi raily,

So, what you're experiencing is really, really common. From what we know, the majority of people with vaginas don't reach orgasm from insertion of things into the vaginal canal alone. The vagina, all by itself, is not all that rich with sensory nerve endings. The sensory nerve endings it has are not only within the first couple inches of the vagina, they tend to be more responsive to very targeted stimulation rather than the more general stimulus. You can read more about that, and about different ways to reach orgasm during partnered sex, here: The Great No-Orgasm-from-Intercourse Conundrum
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic