i think i might have some unusual/weird kinks

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: alot of things!! a bit too much to put here lol
Primary language: english
Pronouns: plural they/them or ask
Sexual identity: aroace and queer

i think i might have some unusual/weird kinks

Unread post by SillyMcGoof_ »

hi!! i just kinda wanted to talk about something i’ve noticed recently.

so lately i’ve been going through a sexual journey, for lack of a better term. basically i’ve been trying to feel more comfortable being sexual and loving myself while also being aroace, plural and trans and stuff.

during this journey, i’ve come to realize that i think i have some kinks?? i dont know exactly how to tell for sure if i have a kink of not but i’ve realized that im (or atleast some of us bc i am part of a system) into some weird stuff.

thinking about some of the things im into, i’ve kinda started feeling like a bad person because some of those things are really weird and im worried that they could even be considered immoral to some. i don’t really feel comfortable stating them here because im just too worried about it to say it out loud but yeah.

i think i might have ocd (or i atleast have alot of symptoms) and i also have generalized anxiety disorder so that doesn’t really help with all of this.

so yeah im not really sure what to do. i know i cant control these things but its just hard. im not even 100% sure of these are kinks but thats the only thing i can think of that they could be. if anyone has any advice or anything of the sort on this topic that would be awesome!! thanks!!
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: i think i might have some unusual/weird kinks

Unread post by Sofi »

Hi SillyMcGoof_,
It's normal to have kinks and to feel a bit ashamed of them, especially at your age. Without knowing what you're referring to, I'd say it doesn't make you a bad person and it's not abnormal as long as you're not hurting anyone and the kink (whether you're participating or watching) is "practiced consensually, within the limitations and wishes of everyone involved, and, like any sexual activity, in the right time and place." (from Working the Kinks Out, which is a good read here!) So I encourage you to think about these parameters and advise you to use them as a basic guide when exploring a new possible kink. Does that help?
SillyMcGoof_
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: alot of things!! a bit too much to put here lol
Primary language: english
Pronouns: plural they/them or ask
Sexual identity: aroace and queer

Re: i think i might have some unusual/weird kinks

Unread post by SillyMcGoof_ »

thank you!! that helps alot!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic