Noticing Pleasure in Everyday Things: All Users Welcome to Answer!

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Noticing Pleasure in Everyday Things: All Users Welcome to Answer!

Unread post by Amanda B »

Oftentimes when we think of pleasure, it feels like it's always tied to sex. While sex in all its forms can be an extremely pleasurable experience, I'd like to take some time to expand on what pleasure means. By noticing pleasure in circumstances outside of a sexual encounter, it can make us more aware of our surroundings, help us appreciate little joys, and improve our ability to know what we like and how to ask for it. It can also help us understand what we don't like, and how to speak up when something doesn't feel so good.

Some recent pleasurable experiences I've had include slipping into a cozy sweater or taking that first delicious bite of a meal I've prepared. I've noticed pleasure in climbing into bed after a long day and appreciating the soft feel of the blankets all around me. By noticing these little things, I am more aware of what feels good. So, how have you noticed pleasure in your everyday life?