am i asexual

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
tilly2006
Awesomeness Quotient: i enjoy listening to metal
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she her

am i asexual

Unread post by tilly2006 »

I found that for the past year or so - I just do not get horny.
I can force myself to masturbate once every month or two. But if i dont force myself to do it, it wont happen.
I dont think about sex at all. I'm a virgin and im extremely afraid of losing my virginity, if that has anything to do with it. Ive tried many other sexual things with guys (maybe once every 6 months) and ive always enjoyed it, but i dont enjoy sexual experiences us much as i do by myself. possible that i'm asexual?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: am i asexual

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi tilly2006,

It's certainly possible you're asexual, although it sounds like there could be some other things at play here as well. For starters, you mention that you've gone about a year without feeling aroused. Were things different before that?

Too, when you've chosen to be sexual with guys, what did that process look like? What things contributed to you saying yes? Since you mention being afraid of losing your virginity, does that mean that there are things that make you nervous about vaginal intercourse, specifically?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic