are there alternatives to things like latex gloves for diy toys?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
somerandomteen
Primary language: english
Pronouns: he/him/any
Sexual identity: bi

are there alternatives to things like latex gloves for diy toys?

Unread post by somerandomteen »

I recently decided to stop only masturbating with my hand, and start using a thin trash bag meant for a small trash can wrapped in a towel, with lotion for lube. this is fantastic, it lets me actually feel kind of like I'm having sex by putting it in a cup and under my mattress, but I use a decent amount of lotion, and a new trash bag every time I do it, which isn't every day, but usually once a week or so. It feels really wasteful, and I was wondering if there's something else I can use to put in the towel. I don't have any latex gloves lying around, and even if I did, eventually I feel like my family would wonder where they all went the next time we needed one. Is there anything that would work as a substitute? preferably something that I can take out, wash, and reuse. I know I will always need lube, but I use lotion for other things too, so its not too ridiculous to have to buy more at some point. any suggestions would be helpful, or if someone knows something I can use as a condom, which would mean i wouldn't even need lube, since there's already something to help things go smooth. I tried using clear wrap, but its a pain to work with and super thin, which on one hand is good so it doesn't ruin the feel, also makes it easy to tear, which I did. Anything to make it not feel like I'm throwing away a bunch of stuff every time I use it. Thanks!
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: are there alternatives to things like latex gloves for diy toys?

Unread post by Carly »

Hey somerandomteen -- welcome to the boards! Typically we start folks with these kinds of questions with D.I.Y Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition, which has some ideas for improvising a masturbation sleeve like you're already doing. I'm wondering if a sock might be good option? Does anything in there seem adaptable for you? We can continue to brainstorm, but I wanted to start here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic