Unpleasant bodily reaction to first ever anal penetration

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Jolly Bad Show
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Unpleasant bodily reaction to first ever anal penetration

Unread post by Jolly Bad Show »

I'm a woman who's interested in learning to be the receptive partner in anal sex. Currently not in a relationship, but I do masturbate a lot! It would be fun to get used to penetrating my anus in masturbation, and then I could carry this skill over into sex with a partner.

Anyway, recently I tried putting my finger in my anus for the first time ever - it only lasted about ten seconds. At first there were no hitches - there was absolutely no pain and it felt wonderful, if very weird. I decided after about ten seconds that that was enough for now. I removed my finger and got up to go downstairs and wash it...

Then my whole body suddenly started freaking out! I don't remember it super well, as the experience was very overwhelming, but I'll tell you what I do remember. Within seconds of removing my finger, I began feeling dizzy and my stomach began to hurt. As I walked over to the bed to lie down, my vision went blurry for a few seconds! A bit like how it does when you've just rubbed your closed eyes really hard. My vision quickly recovered, but I felt horribly sick for a minute or two! I felt as if I might throw up, but luckily that didn't happen. I did however have to retch a number of times. This was something I was already familiar with, as sometimes when my period starts in the night I feel sick like this and feel the need to retch, although nothing actually comes out. It's a horrible feeling but retching enough times makes it eventually go away. In the situation of my body overreacting to this brief and not very deep anal penetration, I also had a feverishly high temperature - that's another thing that happens when I feel sick at the start of periods. But a couple of other things happened that have never been part of my period sickness. One of them was a loud ringing in my ears which, at its worst, sounded like a triangle music instrument being struck over and over. The other was a tingly, fuzzy sensation in my hands.

Those are all the individual ways my body reacted that I remember. All in all, I had to remain bent over and desperately retching for about a minute, then was able to lie on my back for another minute while I nauseously waited for all the dizziness, sickness and tingliness to stop. I think the ringing in my ears took longer than anything else to stop, as it slowly got quieter. During the nauseous experience, I had to try not to think about anal penetration, as that made me feel more sick. Rather like when you're feeling sick from being on a fairground ride and you can't look at food. To conclude my story, it took longer than expected for me to just get on and wash my hands, but I did as soon as I could.

I posted this experience because I've never heard of it happening to anyone else and am somewhat anxious to know what might've caused it. Is this common? Might it be a sign of something serious, or is it more likely just a bad reaction to something new? Even if it's the second option, it's frustrating to think it might happen again the next time I try this. I really want to get accustomed to anal penetration, as I can tell I would enjoy the sensation. It's just so annoying that this bodily meltdown had to happen - I wonder how many times I'll have to practice before my body gets used to this and stops losing its cool! And it's just so freaking weird that stuff like my eyesight, which is veritable miles away from my anus, would be affected!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Unpleasant bodily reaction to first ever anal penetration

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Jolly Bad Show,

Ooof, that does sound like really intense and stressful bodily reaction. It's quite possible that this really is just your body having a weirdly out of proportion reaction to something, but I do have a few questions. You mention that at least some of the symptoms happen when you get your period as well; does some combination of them happen to you at any other times? Too, right before this happened do you recall any specific thoughts or bodily sensations that might have lead to it starting?
Jolly Bad Show

Thanks for the speedy reply, Sam! Sorry I didn't notice it sooner.

Anyway, to answer your first question, these symptoms don't happen at any other time regularly in my life. I don't have any physical health problems.

In answer to the second question, the only thing I can think of that may have made my body already a bit giddy before the anal penetration was the fact that I'd just been masturbating (the way I normally would, playing with the clitoris). I had been doing that for about ten minutes - bit intense, I know! Lol!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

No worries! It's very possible that this was a one-off, weirdly intense reaction to being sensitive or really excited. If you try anal stimulation again and the same thing happens, or you notice some or all of the symptoms cropping up at different times, then that could be a sign of an underlying issue that might need addressing.
Jolly Bad Show

That sounds like a fair assessment. Hopefully it really was just an overreaction. I'll try again at some point and see how it goes. Thanks so much for your help, Sam! God bless!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic