Masturbation worries

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
compscinerd
Pronouns: he/him

Masturbation worries

Unread post by compscinerd »

I'm a bit worried about people walking into my bedroom. I've had a few very close calls but my door doesn't have a lock.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Masturbation worries

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi compscinerd,

Oof, those close calls can be stressful! Do you have the ability to wait until you're alone in the house to masturbate? Or do so at night when people are already in bed and not likely to walk in on you? Too, if privacy in your bedroom isn't a guarantee, masturbating in the bathroom can be a way to get some.

You could also talk to the other people in your house about instigating a "knock first" rule, if you think they'd be open to that.
compscinerd

Well I'm not often home alone. Also, in the night I kind of want to sleep and not worry about going to the bathroom with tissues etc which would probs make my parents worried about whether I was sleeping ok.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

You may be able to masturbate in your room at night, if you don't share your bedroom with anyone and you feel sure your parents are already asleep. That may be easier than going to the bathroom and spending time in there.
What do you think bout Sam's suggestion to talk to your family about a "knock first" rule in the house? Is that a conversation you feel you could have?
compscinerd

I guess I could do it at night. The only reason I said about the bathroom is because I'm worried about cleaning up afterwards - what should I do to clean up?
Carly
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey compscinerd -- if you're talking about a bathroom surface, just wiping up should suffice. You can always use a surface cleaner or anti-bacterial surface wipes if that's something your family keeps under the sink in there. If you're talking about cleaning yourself up, you could also just wipe off. If you want to feel extra clean, you can use soap and water or even just get into the shower if you like.
compscinerd

I meant that it's hard to do it in the night as if I wipe off then I need to flush away the tissue, which means I have to go to the bathroom, which might make my parents worry that I'm not sleeping OK.
Sofi
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Sofi »

Is it possible to have a trash bin in your room?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic