Worried about getting pregnant

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
molbolphone
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m very outgoing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Worried about getting pregnant

Unread post by molbolphone »

Yesterday, I lost my virginity to my boyfriend of a few weeks. I feel incredibly comfortable with him and I have no worries about our relationship. Throughout the whole experience, it was consensual and he made sure I was ok with everything the entire time. We used a condom correctly and are both sure no semen spilt.

I have suffered with anxiety for quite a long time now and had to leave schooling to finish my education from home because of it. Right now it’s come back and I feel awful. I’m worried sick (literally) that I might become pregnant even though we practiced safe sex. I hate this feeling and can’t stop thinking about it. I think every little symptom I have is a sign of pregnancy although the symptoms im getting is what my anxiety causes.

The way my mum might react is making me feel even worse. I’ve always been a goodie two shoes for her and am scared to death what she might say if I did get pregnant.

Please can someone end my misery and calm me down? Maybe a few facts can help? I need some logic in my life…
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Worried about getting pregnant

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi molbolphone,

It sounds like you already know that your anxiety is playing a big role here, so let's start with that. Are you currently getting any treatment for it? And are there any tools or techniques you've used in the past to address anxiety around other things that you could use to address the anxiety you're feeling now?

I would also take a look at this article: You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?. When you look at that, are there reasons listed that feel like they apply to you? And if there are, are there next steps that it suggests that you think you can take?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic