Painless oral?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
MusicNerd
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my creativity
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: queer

Painless oral?

Unread post by MusicNerd »

Hi! Hope everyone’s doing well <3 Quick (and probably silly) question: I’ve started seeing someone who’s AFAB and I’m wondering how to go down on someone without it hurting my tongue?

Typically, it feels like my teeth are scraping against the underside of my tongue/frenulum, but I’m assuming there’s gotta be a better way... right? Figured I’d try to figure this out before we start sleeping together. Thanks for any advice or insight!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Marisha
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Aspiring sex educator
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bi

Re: Painless oral?

Unread post by Marisha »

Hi MusicNerd,

Okay, this is gonna take some experimenting because I don't have you in front of me to be able to see why this is happening or to give some sort of demonstration. I will offer some suggestions that might help:

I notice that when I stick my tongue out and do a licking motion, my tongue naturally rests against my bottom row of teeth. To avoid this, I tried poking my tongue out with my lips closed around it so that it's not resting on my teeth. I think using the lips as the main instrument instead of the tongue can be a workable alternative as well. I also tried opening my mouth wider, allowing my tongue a larger range of movement so that it can move off of my teeth. Of course, anything you try with your partner will be a two-person exercise, so they can also work this out with you and tell you what feels good. Does any of that make sense?
MusicNerd
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my creativity
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Painless oral?

Unread post by MusicNerd »

Hi Marisha,

Ahh, okay. All of those alternatives make sense. And yeah, you’re right: asking them what feels best for them would probably also help haha :D Thanks for replying!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic