Polyamorous

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Polyamorous

Unread post by idk anymore »

Is it wrong to want to be in multiple active sexual and romantic relationships at the same time? I feel like many people automatically become offended when you so much as mention wanting to be with other people. Like I'm making a statement about them and that they aren't enough. Plus, the whole idea gets linked back to the ancient roots of the Mormon church which usually isn't something I like to be associated with.

Why is this idea so foreign to so many people? Whens the last time someone told you, pick a favorite child, your only allowed to love one of your children. Or pick a favorite color, your not allowed to so much as look at any of the others. Why is the same true for love and sex? Is it not normal to have a crush on multiple people? Is it not normal to feel unsatisfied by one?
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Sofi
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I make my own nail art!
Primary language: Spanish or English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Polyamorous

Unread post by Sofi »

You're right, it's not fair to judge poly relationships or poly people. It's definitely 'normal' to want that, and isn't wrong at all. The importance here is that this must be communicated clearly to any and all partners. If you're not crystal clear about your wants and needs, it could easily lead to a miscommunication and their feelings getting hurt, which we of course don't want to do to our sexual and/or romantic partners.
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Re: Polyamorous

Unread post by idk anymore »

Thanks! That really helps!
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic