Masturbation feels good and then it gets too intense

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
matchstick
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Lesbian

Masturbation feels good and then it gets too intense

Unread post by matchstick »

Hello! I am new to fingering myself (clitoris owner here), and I'm having some issues identifying what it is I am feeling.
I have no issues with getting in the mood or getting wet, and the initial experience of touching my clitoris usually goes well. However when it starts to feel really nice, I continue and get faster and it gets better and feel really nice then all of a sudden it feels too sensitive. I shake and spasm if i continue to touch myself. I have no idea of identifying if that is what an orgasm is supposed to feel like (although probably not a super great one if they are) or if I am overstimulating myself. Is that a experience of masturbation, and am I supposed to continue through? (although I feel like i know the answer to that, everyone says to just do what feels good, and that doesn't feel amazing)
To make it simple the questions I have are:
What does overstimulation feel like, and how can I identify if it is happening?
What does the clitoris usually feel like right after an orgasm, does it hurt from oversensitivity?
Has anyone else been through something similar than can explain why/what was happening for them?
Thanks so much!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Masturbation feels good and then it gets too intense

Unread post by Mo »

Hi there matchstick, and welcome to Scarleteen. :)

It's not uncommon for clitoral stimulation to cross the threshold from "ah that's nice" to "WHOA too much!!!" pretty quickly; when you notice that happening, that's generally what overstimulation is. You may find that changing the pressure or position of your hands as you masturbate, or using more (or any) lubricant will help out a bit, and I think too that some of this is just getting used to your body's responses, and that over time you'll have an easier time figuring out what does and doesn't work, or how to avoid that overstimulated feeling.
People with clitorises have different experiences after orgasm, so there isn't one way you might feel; the clitoris will often be pretty sensitive, and while sometimes it might have that too-intense oversensitivity, at other times it might be sensitive in a way that feels really good, either just after orgasm or a short time afterwards.
For a little more information about the entire process of sexual response, I think this article could be helpful! Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic