Kids Kondoms

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Kids Kondoms

Unread post by idk anymore »

So, it's a known quantity that many teenagers will not have a penis as large as their adult counterparts. How do I get a condom that fits a smaller penis?
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Re: Kids Kondoms

Unread post by Alexa »

Hey there idk anymore,

If external condoms don't fit your penis well, I would recommend your partner using internal condoms. They can be inserted into the vagina as-is, or you can remove the ring and insert them into the anus as well. This will protect you both without anything being tailored to your body.

We also have this awesome condom shopping guide that includes a "how does this fit?" pack with a range of condom sizes that you can order and try on.
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Unread post by idk anymore »

Do internal condoms work for the anus?
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

They can, and AVERT has a really nice breakdown of what that involves: https://www.avert.org/sex-stis/safer-se ... le-condoms.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

I do want to add this is a little bit of a misnomer.

By the time most young people are using condoms, their penises are usually about the size they will be for most of their adult life. Penis growth is generally mostly done by around 16, sometimes even earlier. It's usually between ages 10 and 14 that the biggest growth happens with the penis.

Also, condoms are meant to suit a wide range of penis sizes, including smaller penises, so even an "average" sized condom will usually suit most young people just fine. For those who they don't, and who don't have access to inside condoms like Alexa mentioned, "snugger" sized condoms -- of which there are many -- are also widely available, and usually are living right among the drugstore shelf options. Beyond Seven is one common snugger brand.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
xocat
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Writing skills
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by xocat »

And I think this ties into the idea that penis size has something to do with body size, which it really doesn't. It's totally possible that a, say, fifteen-year-old could still be growing but their penis will basically be done.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic