Aroused But Cant Get Off

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Aroused But Cant Get Off

Unread post by idk anymore »

So, y'all probably know me by now since I'm pretty active ever since I got on, but here's the low down anyway. I'm a 15 year old, bisexual boy. I have been tentatively diagnosed with hypersexuality as one of the primary effects of my bi-polar disorder (ironically enough, I've never even made it two second base. Actually forget second base, I've never left the plate, lol). I am infatuated with all things sex and am almost constantly horny. I have one problem though, more and more, I just cant orgasm. I might be able to successfully get off maybe once every other day, and when I do, I feel much less horny, and really happy and relaxed. However, the tension and horniness is back in 10 minutes or less. If I go at myself again, within the next 48 hours or so, i just cant. I'm still horny and super hard, but I just can't bust nearly as much as I want to (this is why I've been asking so many questions about how to masturbate better and what not). The only thing I think might be causing this is my antidepressants and all the other drugs Im on, but I thought libido effected just sex drive, not the ability to get off. Does anyone know what I can do to orgasm more, or make how often I'm doing it now expel more horniness?
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Aroused But Cant Get Off

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi idk anymore,

With medication, some of them can effect sexual functioning as well as arousal, which means they can effect someone's ability to reach orgasm. So, it's possible that's playing a role here, and if you're concerned about those side effects, I would check in with your provider about them and ask about your options.

Before we get into brainstorming how to deal with those feelings of arousal that you just can't seem to be released, can you tell me how someone arrived at that hypersexuality diagnosis? Because thinking about sex a lot and being horny a lot of the time are both very common things for a 15 year old to experience.
idk anymore
not a newbie

Welllllll, I probably shouldn't be discussing me medical history with a complete stranger on a public forum, BUT I like you and I'm feeling a particular lack of inhibition right now so what the hell! I noticed that I would randomly feel extremely sexual with no provocation, for example, while using the bathroom, having dinner with my family, or watching cartoons. There was seemingly no pattern, and it was nearly constant and extremely persistent. However, I've googled the condition when I try and explain it to people and supposedly some people believe it isn't a real condition so idk.
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

I mean, what you choose to share (or how much detail you choose to provide about a situation) when it comes to your health is up to you; if you ever hit a point here where you don't feel comfortable answering a question, just let us know and we can take the conversation a new direction.

So, what you're describing sounds like a pretty dang common experience of arousal, especially for someone in the middle of puberty. And lots of people notice they have periods where they're frequently thinking about sex or are horny, and periods where those things are far, far from their minds. Too, hypersexuality is a controversial diagnosis even among mental health professionals, in part because trying to determine what a " normal" level of interest in sex is creates a really slippery slope. Really, the only time when sexual thoughts or urges become a problem is if they cause us to treat other people badly or we're so focused on them that we're unable to do the other important things in our lives (like keep up with interpersonal relationships, work, school, etc).
idk anymore
not a newbie

Your probably right. My ability to function is trash for lots of reasons!

~Morgan Freeman
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic