Question about anal sex

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
BishoneninBloom
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I draw a lot of fan art and people seem to like it
Primary language: English
Pronouns: (mostly) he/him and (less) she/her
Sexual identity: Genderfluid, probably. Trying out 'pan'

Question about anal sex

Unread post by BishoneninBloom »

My other posts here have mostly been in regards to myself, but this is more a hypothetical question
I saw on a reddit page a while back some people talking about anal sex, specifically prepping beforehand.
They brought up the concept of 'anal douching'
I know vaginal douching is bad because the vagina is self cleaning and a douche will only lead to infection. I know the anus isn't self cleaning/lubricating, so is an anal douche just as much of a scam or is it a personal preference or necessity before that kind of activity?
(I hope asking this isn't too stupid as I'm just asking out of curiosity rather than anything that would immediately affect me)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Question about anal sex

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi BishoneninBloom,

It's totally okay to ask questions where you're just curious! You're right that using an anal douche (more commonly called an enema) is more a matter of personal preference than anything else. In fact, we have an advice column that covers that question, including why enemas are not as necessary for anal sex as some people believe: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... e_an_enema
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic