Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
- not a newbie
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:25 pm
- Age: 18
- Awesomeness Quotient: I draw a lot of fan art and people seem to like it
- Primary language: English
- Preferred pronouns: (mostly) he/him and (less) she/her
- Sexual identity and orientation: Genderfluid, probably. Trying out 'pan'
- Location: My desk at home
My other posts here have mostly been in regards to myself, but this is more a hypothetical question
I saw on a reddit page a while back some people talking about anal sex, specifically prepping beforehand.
They brought up the concept of 'anal douching'
I know vaginal douching is bad because the vagina is self cleaning and a douche will only lead to infection. I know the anus isn't self cleaning/lubricating, so is an anal douche just as much of a scam or is it a personal preference or necessity before that kind of activity?
(I hope asking this isn't too stupid as I'm just asking out of curiosity rather than anything that would immediately affect me)
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 7344
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:06 am
- Age: 30
- Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
- Primary language: english
- Preferred pronouns: she/her
- Sexual identity and orientation: queer
- Location: Desert
It's totally okay to ask questions where you're just curious! You're right that using an anal douche (more commonly called an enema) is more a matter of personal preference than anything else. In fact, we have an advice column that covers that question, including why enemas are not as necessary for anal sex as some people believe: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advi ... e_an_enema