maintaining orgasm while on hrt

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
PunkThottie
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm literally the coolest
Primary language: English (US)
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: bisexual nonbinary trans girl

maintaining orgasm while on hrt

Unread post by PunkThottie »

i'm a transfeminine person, and i've been on feminizing hrt for over six months now. over the last month, it's been getting harder and harder for me to be able to orgasm or really feel much erogenous sensation at all, which has been frustrating for both myself and my partner. is there something i can do to maintain my ability to orgasm despite being on estrogen? my sexuality is an important part of my life, but so is my transition, and i want them to be able to coexist.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: maintaining orgasm while on hrt

Unread post by Heather »

Estrogen actually often contributes to sexual response and orgasm just as much as testosterone. However, any or all of that can *feel* different when that balance changes, especially radically. Changes in and how you feel about the rest of your body and your identity can also create changes to all of this to.

What do you think about thinking about your sexuality as something to discover anew as you transition? As something you may even need to relearn, scrapping much of what you’re used to to explore how things are for you now?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: maintaining orgasm while on hrt

Unread post by Heather »

Also, here are a couple of good articles to get you started with this, if you haven’t seen them already:
https://www.vice.com/en/article/jpy7g7/ ... n-hormones
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/hrt-trans-women-sex-lives/
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic