Fantasies and ethics

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
confusedhuman
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm good at math
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them or xe/xir (no preference)
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual, aromantic

Fantasies and ethics

Unread post by confusedhuman »

I have a bunch of fantasies involving being outside and I think I could conceivably follow through on one of them, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea or entirely ethical. Basically I want to masturbate outside, and like not in my backyard or something, but a more open area. I have a spot in mind, there's a little forest that I can walk to very easily from my house. Basically my idea would be to wake up and get there around 4 in the morning, go a little ways off the path, and just crank one out. I don't think there's any risk of being seen, given both it being 4 in the morning and the only houses that have a line of sight to that area being well over a quarter of a mile away, and after I'm done I could pretty easily make sure that any evidence is gone, but I'm not sure its a good idea because I really don't want someone to see me doing that (for their sake not mine). I'm about 99.99% sure I could get away with it without anyone being the wiser, but is that something that I should really not do?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Fantasies and ethics

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi confusedhuman,

There isn't anything inherently unethical about masturbating outdoors, especially if you deliberately try to minimize the risk of other people seeing you (as opposed to doing it and hoping someone will come along). The tricky thing is that you can't guarantee someone won't stumble upon you on accident, which could create an unwelcome situation for everyone involved (and if you have to have part of your brain on alert for passersby the whole time, that may detract from the experience you're looking for).
RoseGold
Awesomeness Quotient: I wrote an essay about Caesar salad in high school
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out :)

Re: Fantasies and ethics

Unread post by RoseGold »

Hi confusedhuman,

I agree with Sam, don't think there is anything inherently unethical about it at all! I think it is wise to seek out an appropriate space and be mindful of who else might be in the area, and if there are any concerns perhaps it would also help to bring a blanket for easy cover if you did happen to hear someone approaching.

I will confess that my partner and I did masturbate once in a heavily forested area near a campsite, and while we were quite cautious and alert, for me it added a some excitement to be doing that together in a more open area that someone could conceivably stumble across. I certainly wouldn't condone doing this in any way that would be dangerous and you would know your circumstances and safety best, but I see nothing inherently wrong with the act, so long as one is being reasonably mindful of their surroundings.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic