Pregnancy Scare/stress

Questions and discussion about pregnancy, pregnancy options and/or any part of parenting.
Forum rules
IF YOU ARE POSTING TO ASK IF YOU SHOULD USE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION:

Please do not wait on us if you may need or want EC (like the morning-after pill). Because it is most effective the sooner it is taken or administered, we suggest that you go ahead and get it, and if you want to talk to someone about whether or not you choose to use it, we can do that with you after. That way, you have it ASAP if you do decide you want or need to use it. <3
Jazb207
Awesomeness Quotient: I am funny
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She her
Sexual identity: Straight

Pregnancy Scare/stress

Unread post by Jazb207 »

Hi, I’m 16, this past month I’ve been having protected sex with a condom, he has only finished in me twice and he was wearing a condom, the other times he did not cum. My period usually is due around the 17th. For a week I’ve been having sore breast’s and weird stomach pains. Yesterday I started to get back aches around my lower back. I have been stressing out a lot due to this scare, it’s all I think about, I can’t even sleep. I don’t know how to deal with it. I just need support and advice. Please help.
Jacob
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They

Re: Pregnancy Scare/stress

Unread post by Jacob »

Hi Jazb!

We don't answer questions around pregnancy fears unless the person has indicated that they are actually pregnant. It sounds like what you're experiencing might be closer anxiety.

This often matches up with having worries or guilt for having sex, or feelings associated with especially stressful periods of our lives spilling over into how we think about our sexuality. There's a lot of that now with coronavirus.

Are there wider things going on for you at the moment, or anything going on in your relationships that could be causing anxiety of this sort?

As you haven't had a pregnancy risk (intercourse without a condom, obviously broken condom), a missed period or taken a positive pregnancy test it wouldn't be helpful for us to talk about pregnancy symptoms.

This advice column could be really helpful though: Why can't I stop being so scared of pregnancy?
"In between two tall mountains there's a place they call lonesome.
Don't see why they call it lonesome.
I'm never lonesome when I go there." Connie Converse - Talkin' Like You
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic