Just got pregnant

Questions and discussion about pregnancy, pregnancy options and/or any part of parenting.
Forum rules
IF YOU ARE POSTING TO ASK IF YOU SHOULD USE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION:

Please do not wait on us if you may need or want EC (like the morning-after pill). Because it is most effective the sooner it is taken or administered, we suggest that you go ahead and get it, and if you want to talk to someone about whether or not you choose to use it, we can do that with you after. That way, you have it ASAP if you do decide you want or need to use it. <3
Pancakes
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Just got pregnant

Unread post by Pancakes »

I am 17 years old girl. I had unprotected sex for four months and just got pregnant.

But also I have few questions:

Can I have any sex during pregnancy? I mean vaginal, anal. We tried having sex tonight but we didn't finish vaginal cause I was too dry. Is something wrong with me? I can use any lube? Can you recommend good pregnancy-friendly brand? It also should be safe to swallow because I like fellatio after sex.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Just got pregnant

Unread post by Heather »

Hey there, Pancakes. I'm happy to answer your questions.

Swallowing fluids from oral sex never creates a pregnancy risk but always potentially poses STI risks. Being pregnant doesn't change that.

In terms of sex during pregnancy, so long as it feels good to you and is what you want, you can engage in sexual activities during pregnancy. Sometimes you'll need lubricant, just as is usually the case for people who are NOT pregnant: given how early you are in your pregnancy, the dryness likely didn't have anything to do with your pregnancy. If you've never experienced that before, you're overdue: it's most common for people to have "drier" times, even sometimes when they're turned on, and want or need lubricant for activities like intercourse.

There isn't any lube on the market that's not safe for people to use who are pregnant. But if you're new to lube, period, this piece can give you some info to help you choose: Lube 101: A Slick Little Primer!

Assuming you want to stay pregnant with the aim of delivery (it sounds like you do), you need any help getting set up with/starting pre-natal care?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Pancakes
not a newbie

Yes
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

I'm happy to help with that. In order to do that, I'll need to know where you live (a postal code will do), what kind of healthcare system you're part of, and what kind of healthcare access you have. Can you fill me in on those things?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Pancakes
not a newbie

My postal code is 13426. I am a part of free public healthcare.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Can you tell me what country? In the states, this is in New York, but I'm not sure the United States is where you are.
Pancakes
not a newbie

Yeah. Sorry, it's Estonia.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

No worries.

Looking at your healthcare system, it looks like this should be pretty easy and totally covered for you. You probably just want to start with the general doctor you see for other basic healthcare -- like having the flu or an infection -- let them know you're pregnant and want prenatal care, and then they will fill you in from there. It may be that they are qualified to provide that care (lots of GPs are) and they can just be your provider or they may refer you to a gynecologist/obstetrician.
Pancakes
not a newbie

Thanks!!!

Also, is it good idea to stay naked during pregnancy?
Pancakes
not a newbie

So my bf can cum in me during pregnancy? What birth control will be best for me after childbirth?
Pancakes
not a newbie

Pancakes wrote:Thanks!!!

Also, is it good idea to stay naked during pregnancy?
Most of time I don't wear anything. I prefer freedom.

I don't know is this good or bad and I don't want to wear anything at home.

I wear minimal warm clothes when it's cold or i'm outside.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

It is fine and totally healthy for people to wear clothes while pregnant: most people have for most of human history, after all, because most pregnant people historically have had to work in some way through their pregnancies so they could take care of themselves and their families. :P But not wearing clothing won't harm a pregnancy, either, so long as you're dressing for the weather when needed (like when it's cold out).

In terms of what birth control will be best for you after delivery, that's something we can talk about further down the road if you like, or that you can discuss with your prenatal care provider. In the meantime, you can't get pregnant twice. However, STIs and other infections can complicate a pregnancy or delivery, so unless you and your boyfriend are absolutely exclusive AND he has recently been tested for all the STIs he can be with negative results, I'd suggest you use condoms.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic