Mini pill and pregnancy

Questions and discussion about pregnancy, pregnancy options and/or any part of parenting.
Forum rules
IF YOU ARE POSTING TO ASK IF YOU SHOULD USE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION:

Please do not wait on us if you may need or want EC (like the morning-after pill). Because it is most effective the sooner it is taken or administered, we suggest that you go ahead and get it, and if you want to talk to someone about whether or not you choose to use it, we can do that with you after. That way, you have it ASAP if you do decide you want or need to use it. <3
Smiley64

Mini pill and pregnancy

Unread post by Smiley64 »

Hello All,
My husband and I are hoping to try for a baby soon and I stopped taking my birth control pill, Norethindrone, the mini pill, 11 days ago. My ob/gyn said to wait until after my first normal cycle/period after stopping the mini pill before trying to conceive. The whole 2.5 years I was on the mini pill I never had a period whatsoever, which my ob/gyn said was fine and happens to some people on the mini pill. I know everyone is different, but I was just wondering how long it takes on average to get a period after stopping the mini pill.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Mini pill and pregnancy

Unread post by Heather »

There really isn't data in this, but most people will get back to their regular fertility cycles by six months after stopping a hormonal method.

Since you're trying to conceive, you may want to start charting your fertility. If you do that, you will be able to see when you begin to ovulate again pretty clearly.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic