Could I be pregnant?

Questions and discussion about pregnancy, pregnancy options and/or any part of parenting.
Forum rules
IF YOU ARE POSTING TO ASK IF YOU SHOULD USE EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION:

Please do not wait on us if you may need or want EC (like the morning-after pill). Because it is most effective the sooner it is taken or administered, we suggest that you go ahead and get it, and if you want to talk to someone about whether or not you choose to use it, we can do that with you after. That way, you have it ASAP if you do decide you want or need to use it. <3
anonymous3
Pronouns: She/her

Could I be pregnant?

Unread post by anonymous3 »

Help please. I am very concerned and cannot stop worrying. I am a virgin and never had vaginal intercourse. However, I gave my boyfriend a blow job and then cannot remember if I kissed him before he ate me out. I am concerned that pre cum could have gotten from my lips to his and then onto me and make me pregnant. I know this is probably a stupid worry but it is still a concern for me. I also touched my crotch area on my underwear after and my hand was damp but not wet and I was terrified some trace amount of dying pre cum mixed with my saliva could get me pregnant. I took plan B the next day as a just in case and partially regret it since I know the likeliness of being having gotten pregnant in the first place was probably about 0.1%. I am just scared and cannot stop worrying. I started bleeding 4 days after taking it and the blood was bright red with clots. I worried that could somehow be implantation bleeding because I read the Internet but it wouldn't make sense with my timeline of having a 32 day cycle and my period for 6 days starting on the 9th. Plus this event happened 2/18. I don't think I could be pregnant but I just want someone to calm my nerves after this event. Please help!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Could I be pregnant?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi anonymous3,

So, to start, nothing you're describing poses any risk of pregnancy. There are a number of reasons for that, including the fact that pregnancy needs specific things to happen in order to occur, and that sperm are fragile and just cannot survive being transferred from place to place.

I think it's also important to mention that taking Plan B can actually cause irregularity in your menstrual cycle for a month or two, so that may be why you're bleeding earlier than you expected to start your period.

Given all that, I think a helpful next step would be to walk yourself through this article and look at the suggestions it makes for calming yourself when you know you had no risk but can't stop feeling anxious: The Pregnancy Panic Companion
anonymous3
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by anonymous3 »

I am having nipple pain on just the left side too if I press on my breast hard. The internet tells you that is a sign of pregnancy. I took plan b a week ago now. Could the nipple pain just be from that since you said pregnancy is not possible? I’m just worried and regret ever taking plan b because it seems like it’s making every symptom feel like pregnancy.
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

Hey anonymous3 -- I'm sorry this is causing you so much stress right now. Sore breasts and nipples are a side effect of taking Plan B. You also mentioned that you were pressing on your breast hard, so that could also be causing some pain in your nipples. It could also just be sore for any number of unrelated reasons.

I want to reiterate what Sam said, which is that it's highly unlikely that you are pregnant. I know you took the Plan B because you were anxious and wanted to make sure you couldn't get pregnant, but based on the activity you described you didn't need it in the first place. What you did does not pose any risk of pregnancy, especially because sperm cannot survive being transferred from place to place like you were worried about.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic